Permaculture is designed on the relationships found in nature. In other words the development of agricultural ecosystems intended to be sustainable and self-sufficient.
First of all, I got the golden opportunity to visit Sathnur 80 kilometers away from Bangalore and arrange a school garden in an organic way.
True perma-culture, is not just organic farming – the ideology should in practice means harmonious integration of environment and people —
providing their food, shelter, and energy in a sustainable way.
Most noteworthy Perma-culture design has
- Focus on closing the nutrient and water loop by using waste, and reducing the dependence on inputs.
- Creation of healthier soil and diversity of produce
- Variety keeps residents engaged and excited about growing their food.
Imitating nature by conserving the soil and water, and genetic capital. There is intensive use of space. Plants are allowed to set seed and are inter-planted for pest control.
- You are unlikely to see food plants in rows. The permaculture site will look more like a food-forest with some open glades full of herbs.
- Nutritious food and habitat for people and native animals and birds.
Dependence on observation.Perma-culture design is a mixed technology.
Nature simply takes over. The soil will continue to heal, the forests grow and someone else can step in to rebuild our efforts
Types of cycle in Permaculture
There is a significant difference between closed and open food-production systems.
Similarly, the Ideal Perma-culture ‘Farm’ brings production of food closer to consumers and the consumer’s wastes back into the cycle.
Thus Permaculture will help in:
- Soil conservation and betterment
- Conserving the natural ecosystem
- Providing healthy and chemical-free food
- Meeting the ever-increasing food demand
- Maximizing the optimization of minimum resources
- Zero waste process
- Preserving the biodiversity
- Lessening global warming
A farming method that utilizes the surrounding ecology as its very foundation for cultivation is a permaculture farming method.
The whole concept is based on synergy.
As the basis is very much in tune with nature, twinning with the existing ecosystem, there is no need for external resources as such.
As a result, Urban permaculture is today a popular permaculture principle that goes beyond space limitations.
In this style of permaculture, any landscape be it an apartment space or a rooftop or merely a balcony space is designed for growing plants.
One Reply to “Permaculture farming”
Yes,because of you we get to know Permaculture closely…please do share some light on this topic.